Sunday 10 April 2011

Old Broken Bones on Bikes

This was supposed to be the boring bit of the blog where I listed all the preparations. Mary breaking her wrist was not on the "to do" list. We set off on Thursday for one of our training rides and we were enjoying glorious sunshine when we spotted an alsation dog walking on the opposite side of the road. Having been knocked off my bike the previous week by three excitable dogs, I eased off the pace and Mary who was also watching the dog,clipped my back wheel. It was immediately obvious that this was more than a scraped elbow event. The operation to realign the bones and fix with a plate was yesterday.
Mary is being very stoic and determined to carry on with our plans. I'll see what the surgeon has to say later today!

1 comment:

  1. How dare you treat Barnacle Bill in such chauvinistic manner?
    You should always allow a lady go first.
    Forgotten your health and safety lectures I see!
    Best of luck Mary
    Daveed et Erneece

    ReplyDelete